Theta 26

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

E&I Marine – A family business since 1984

Established in 1968, E. I. Marine cc (formerly E. I. Marine (Pty) Ltd) has been owned by the Jones’s since 1984. In the early years of business the company concentrated mainly on yacht construction and successfully manufactured the still popular Vivacity 20&24, Jaguar 22 and Theta 26. The success of these was followed by the Holiday 23 sales and service agency and later the manufacturing rights to both the H23 and the Weekender, another huge success for Leisure Marine and a massive boost for the sport of sailing.

Based solely in Deneysville on the Vaaldam until 1995, the company opened a branch in Midrand during that year and diversified its activities into power boating, with a Mariner/Mercury agency. In 2003 the growth of the Midrand operation led to the purchase of larger premises (to the West of the N1 and adjacent to Vodaworld) and the sale of the Deneysville branch. Since then Leisure Marine has consolidated its unique offering of a broad range of new boats coupled with an enormous (average 120 boats) display and selection of quality ‘nearly-new‘ and ‘much-loved’ boats to satisfy every need.

15 Responses to Theta 26

1. Steve Heath says:

Hi, I am desperately needing help and so hope someone out there can assist – I desperately need to borrow / hire/ buy a double axle yacht trailer to move a 26 foot Theta yacht from the Vaal Dam and will need it for about 6 – 8 weeks – If you have one or know anyone who has one please contact me on +27 78 700 3414 or +267 73817709 – Also PLEASE share this so that my plea can reach as many people as possible – Many thanks

2. Robert says:

Hi
    Can eny one tell me how much the 26ft theta weighs

Regards
    Rob

3. Jason says:

Can anyone tell me what the boom length and mast height is on the Theta 26. Specifically mast height from the boom to mast head. Or if someone has the foot and luff lengths of the main sail that fits

4. Wilkie says:

Hi.
    I am based in Bloemfontein and want to learn to sail. Do you perhaps know someone close or at the Gariep dam that can take me out for a trip
    Greetings Wilkie

5. Steve Heath says:

Hi, I am desperately needing help and so hope someone out there can assist – I desperately need to borrow / hire/ buy a double axle yacht trailer to move a 26 foot Theta yacht from the Vaal Dam and will need it for about 6 – 8 weeks – If you have one or know anyone who has one please contact me on 082 254 9129 – Also PLEASE share this so that my plea can reach as many people as possible – Many thanks

6. nick says:

I m looking to but a trailer for a theta.

7. Madmax_976 says:

Dear sailors,

Could someone tell me if the Theta sailboats are eligible for the Certificat of European Conformity, i.e EC conformity!

I plan to acquire one on those sailboats but need to know if once in Europe (France), I could get this certicat from
    a Theta Subsidiary in Europe.

Thankx in advance for your help.

Regards

8. Smee says:

Hi Raymond,
    Chaos is the best to answer your question.
    To my knowledge they are very seaworthy and solid yachts with a good all round reputation. I don’t think you’ll make a mistake by buying one, provided that it fits your profile / sailing profile.
    All the best!

9. Raymond Burt says:

Hi Guys i am inthe market to buy a Theta 26 could you give me your oppinion on how she handles and i am based in Mossel bay general conditions is good for sailing.
    Thanks
    Raymond

10. Captain Chaos says:

Howdy. I sail a Theta ( the one in the photo above) from Port o Call. If you want to see what I’ve done for my shade cloth, you’re welcome to come see me there. Quite simply, I no longer use the mainsail. The boom has been renamed “the shade cover support device”. I hade a shade cover cut and sewed and supported it with tent poles. Works like a charm over the boom !

11. Captain Chaos says:

Hi Clive. Where do you sail from? I sail from Port o Call and have designed a nice shadecloth for my Theta. (The one in the picture above). I had the shadecloth made up, sewed etc and braced it with 4 tent poles. It ties up in 4 places and works like a charm. Let me know if you’d like to come see it sometime.

12. Captain Chaos says:

Hi Clive. The boat in the picture belongs to me. I hardly use the mainsail any more as the genoa does all the work. I had a shade cloth designed and made for me, using tent poles to brace it. It goes over the boom and ties up in 4 places. Works like a charm ! Where do you sail from ? Perhaps I could show yo what I’ve done. I sail from Port o Call, Vaal Dam.

13. Ken says:

I would like to fit “Molly” with a Bimini. Texwise say the boom is too low & therfore they can not make up one. Is there a company in Pretoria or Johannesburg who would be able to help? or should I make my own?

Clive sails for Theta can be made by Rob of Supa Sail 011 465 8448…

Happy sailing.
    Kn

14. Clewless says:

Clive – I’d suggest using the forum. You’ll stand a better chance of connecting with someone who might be able to assist.

15. Clive R Shepherd says: